MY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• I have a long and extensive experience as a Exceutive Director Luxembourg and Liechtenstein domiciled Management Companies (ManCo) and Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM). In addition to that I am also an examiner at the Institute of Directors in London.
• For 6 years I was a very successful CEO for a Luxembourg domiciled ManCo and AIFM.
• I was leading ManCo set-ups and x-border restructuring ManCo projects successfully (definition and implementation of business strategy, market entry and visibility/marketing activities, target operating model, increase efficiency, doubled AuM and number of clients, profitability, M&A analysis).
• Thus, in-depth experience of investment, operational, compliance, governance, business development, valuation and risk management matters in the life cycle of complex Real Estate/Infrastructure/Private Equity funds is given.
I have serviced in the BoD of more than 20 SICAVs, SCA, SCS and GP in Luxembourg and Liechtenstein since 2019 covering traditional and alternative asset classes (e.g. PERE, infrastructure, debt, ESG and as Conducting Officer in the ManCo of the largest sharia compliant fund in the world).
• Due to my legal education, experience as investment fund lawyer and background, appropriate knowledge of applicable Luxembourg regulations, corporate governance rules and best practice is given as well as operational know-how.
• Excellent understanding of the wider investment fund business and market and a keen awareness of the best interests of customers/investors.
• Ability to contribute to commercial and strategic discussions in a positive, constructive and thought-provoking manner.
11/1999 – 11/2001
Rechtsreferendariat (Bar exam/attorney at law)
Trier and Luxembourg (Major in tax law)
10/1998 – 09/2000
University of Wales, MBA in Finance
10/1992 – 06/1998
Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität, Frankfurt a.M.
Degree in law (1. Juristisches Staatsexamen) Major in tax and corporate law
Certified Investment Fund Expert, ZfU, Zurich Hedgefund Consultant, EBS, Oestrich Winkel Certified Investment Advisor, University Hagen EY infrastructure fund training
ILA and PwC Board Member trainings
IoD London, Certificate in Company Direction: Role of the Director and the Board, Finance for Directors, Strategy for Directors, Leadership for Directors
DiplD (SCQF Level 11), Diploma in Company Direction, Institute of Directors, London
Chartered Director, Institute of Directors, London
ILA Certified Director, Luxembourg
Assessor for Chartered Director candidates IoD London
Certified EFPA ESG Advisor