My objective as an Independent Non-Executive Director (NED) is to offer guidance, support, challenge, expertise and an objective perspective on the key matters of strategy, legal/risk management, people/human resources, operational management, organisational structure and development, as well as on commercial and financial matters.
My primary responsibilities together with my board colleagues include:
• Implementing strategy, providing leadership and ensuring obligations to shareholders and other stakeholders are understood and met.
• Providing a creative and informed contribution and acting as a constructive critic in looking at the objectives and plans devised by the executive team.
My primary duties together with my board colleagues include:
• Support the chairman and the executive team in upholding high standards of integrity and ethical leadership and in installing a risk aware, high performance culture that extends beyond the board and into the organisation as a whole by consistently demonstrating and promoting behaviours aligned with the company’s culture and values.
My experience and qualifications
• I have a long and extensive experience as an Executive Director in Luxembourg and Liechtenstein domiciled Management Companies (ManCo) and Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM). In addition to that I am also an examiner at the Institute of Directors in London.
• For 6 years I was very successful as business unit head of an international bank, CEO of a Luxembourg domiciled ManCo and AIFM as well as as director of more than 20 SICAVs in Luxembourg and Liechtenstein since 2009.
• In addition, I have an excellent network to fund service providers such as custodian banks and fund management companies/ ManCo/ AIFM in Luxembourg and Liechtenstein.
• Life Long Learning and participation in trainings and exams in the area of independent directorship are a matter of course for me.
Fully independent director - not part of any Group
German/ Luxembourg nationality and domiciled in Luxembourg
Broad and diversified experience with a focus on strategy, structuring and legal
Excellent network with various custodian banks, management companies, lawyers and auditors
Office with substance and modern infrastructure